How different our world would be if every child was told that over and over.
If every adult believed those words, it would change history. It is the new mantra in our house with the “little’s”, not that they did not know it, but we are going to verbalize it daily.
I find myself saying it to myself. I know in my life that was not something affirmed to me and that in part controls my thinking even today.
Maybe because I was affected by the lack of affirmation, I feel stronger about the words than they really are. To me they are life changing.
I loved the movie and I see a lot of movies…The message moves me and that’s not something I can say about many movies today. Enough about that…Go see it.
(Monday is my least favorite day of the week)
1) Football season is underway…that makes me a happy camper..though no Brett may push me over the edge
2) We had a great family dinner Saturday night at a wonderful new restaurant…compliments of Micah and Amanda…all four little's.
I did not take one picture…(for which the older boys were so thankful for)
3) Micah (my son-in-law) called me Saturday and these were his words…" Grammy, make a list of any things you need done around the house and list them in priority.
Next Saturday I am bringing my nephew over and we are going to trim your big tree and anything else you need done”! Smile…"Micah is kind, he is smart and he is important”
4)Greg won a fabulous trip for he and Dana….Atlantis….November..
5) Some dear friends that have been out of work for way too long…had to move in with teenage daughters to their parents.
They have had one let down after another over the last 18 months…THEY GOT A NEW JOB…from Texas to Utah…but a new start…Thank you God.
6) We are taking a 3 day, ALL of the Family, trip to Dallas for the LSU game, Labor Day weekend.
7) Parker is SO HAPPY in Middle School. Small brag…forgive me..There are 600 in his grade and he was chosen one of 32 to skip 6th grade Math and go to the advanced class…"He is kind, he is smart and he is important” and he is my heart.
Now for your laugh of the day…This is Mad Jack…after I told him he could not do something…Can’t you just read his mind…
Remember to check out MilandDil Designs….she has lots of new things…
Also I passed several number markers on my blog in post and followers…so I want to celebrate you..
Leave a comment on this post and you will go in a drawing for one of the famous card boxes….
I will draw on Sunday..
Now for the BEST PART of this POST…
Go to the holiday blog and Mike (my wonderful Marine friend)
is guest posting…All comments on that post will go in the drawing too..
When he writes, I listen.
He is kind, he is smart and he is important.
Have a great week!